Monday, January 18, 2010

Inference from Apple Event Invitation

ArsTechnica
posts confirmation of an Apple event on Wednesday, 27 January, 2010.

Most speculate that this event will be the long-awaited announcement of the longer-awaited Apple tablet device. If that's the case, I draw the following inferences from the invitation's spray-paint motif – along with rumors about a radical new user-interface:

  1. The device will have a color display. Reading that back to myself, it seems obvious – however, many expect the device to compete with e-readers such as Amazon's Kindle.
  2. If the spray-paint motif is more than just a cool design element, the device's new UI will be able to emulate a spray can. Specifically, I imagine moving a spray can in and out to change the line-width. That would mean that the input mechanism will incorporate some 3-D elements. I envision a fancy stylus… but who knows.

P.S. I bought a few shares of Apple stock.

No comments: