Monday, October 06, 2008

Does Nobody Else Want Details?

I like Vista.

I am being driven berzerk by the open-file dialog box.
Actually it's the "Small Icons" view.
Actually it's the open-file dialog box's refusal to open in anything but the "Small Icons" view.

Who uses this view?
What good is it?
I'll tell you what good it isn't!
It isn't any good at not looking like a "Details" view with missing files!

Seriously. It has columns, but they are columns of files.
It has column headers!! But it doesn't arrange the files in columns!!! NO!!! It arranges them in ROWS! They just happen to fall into columns!!!!!



But you click on the column headers to change the sort order

Double-U Tee Eff??!!

Every time I want to open a file I look down the list (I think I'm looking down the list) and say, "that file's missing? No wonder nothing works!!"

1 comment:

Libbyella said...

I don't know, I just love you!